Tuesday, March 31, 2009

About done, just a little fine tuning


I'm not quite finish yet on my build but it's ready to ride. I got my White Hudz yesterday so I was able to finish wrapping my handlebars. At this point I need to ride the bike to figure out what I needs to be adjust, already I know I need to shorten the chain. Not sure why I'm having issues with figuring how long the chain needs to be, I didn't have any problems with both my cross bikes. One thing I noticed about this build is it took me longer to get everything on and adjusted. Not sure why? My cross bikes are the same except for the brakes.


As for my stem I'm using a Salsa Scandium stem 0 degree, I think I want to go with a 6 degree stem but I'm not sure if I want to go with a white stem or black. I think the white will be too much.
Might also do a zero offset seatpost, I don't know black or white but once again too much white?
As for my Mavic Ksyrium Sl with the cheap tires, they're going to disappear and in their place a set of Red Chris King hubs laced to Ambrosia Crono F20 rims with, ok I don't know what tubulars I'm going to run yet. I think my clincher days are about over. Once you ride a tubular tire for road or cross, you ass doesn't want anything else. I was going to use the Ambrosia wheelset for my Rock Lobster but I just might have another set made up if I like the ride plus if I can find a set Ambrosia rim here in the states. I wish someone would make a nice box rim with machine sidewalls and that's light. How hard can that be?
Once I'm done I'll take a better pic and list build for this bike.

8 comments:

cxstraggler said...

Very Very sharp looking and the white even gives it a hint of class. not quite up to Ernesto Colnago standards, but it will do! Ha! no looks good and hope it rides as good for you too, of course sometimes that depends on the rider. If you build it, Lance will come........ Ha. take it easy.

bluedog18 said...

Hint of class?! I clean my floors with a shop vac & drink wine from a pint glass, LOL! I got no class nor does my bikes.haha!

goat said...

Alright, dude. Now you've got your road bike ready...when are we going to see you out at the tuesday night races?

bluedog18 said...

Yea I'll start coming out, just need to shorten my chain. What time do you guys head out and meet?

NVdK said...

Nice roadie. What brand is that white stem? I want a white one for my roadie. Ritchey has one but it's a bit pricey.

bluedog18 said...

It's a VCRC, they are listed for $60 but if you use SAVE20 in the discount coupon box, it'll be $48. Go to velocarbon.com, I end up getting the Deda stem for $30 of ebay. I think I'll pick a white VCRC stem when I upgrade my handlebar to OS size bar on the lobster.

Happy Easter!

NVdK said...

I found it after I posted the comment. That's a nice looking stem. I think I may get one. I've also got my eyes on some white skewers on e-bay. Already got a Easton OS bar for my roadie to go with a new stem. My old cf Easton bar is making me nervous these days....

Unknown said...

I would love to ask you about your Neo Exile. Email me at

gray $AT$ math.utk.edu

I am thinking about getting one and am curious about it.

Thanks,
Jon